Abundance; the appreciation of life in all it’s fullness
The different experiences and events over the past few years have beautifully shaped my current brand focus word, following on seamlessly from the previous brand focus word chapter: green (read more about ‘green’, and what a brand focus word is).
‘You appreciate the sweetness all the more, once you’ve tasted the bitter’
There have been some lows and highs, and big changes, amidst an uncertain time; saying farewells to loved ones and celebrating their beautiful old age and life, house move to the Cotswolds to be closer to our nephews and nieces, (lots of decorating and diy projects inside and out), welcoming a new arrival and becoming a godmother again to a gorgeous niece, spotting the first few wild flowers growing in our mini orchard meadow project, big birthday celebrations, formally forming my business as a limited company…
…these milestone events during our current climate; economically, socially and environmentally, have refined my focus and perspective on what really matters most and makes life fulfilling.
‘When life gives you lemons, let’s make lemonade’ (or my summertime favourite elderflower cordial!)
What my brand focus word ‘abundance’ feels like as part of my brand vision
- protecting and prioritising what’s important, making them big rocks in my diary (both personally and through my work),
- seeing people and nature flourishing in abundance and wellbeing,
- finding and inspiring the silver linings of hope,
- having an abundance of courage to embrace opportunities.
I want to see abundance in:
- Inspiration and success for my clients (purpose-led founders, charities and not-for-profits) – each using their brand as a force for good.
- Wildflowers and habitats for wildlife – nature being restored.
- Kindness and wholeheartedness in communities and organisational cultures.
- Time well spent, making a difference – leaving things better than before.
- Wellbeing, energy, excitement, authenticity – full alignment and full potential.
- Joy and hope…
…I believe that each of these aspects are intertwined in work and life, AND, that good things will ripple out from them. We can each make every action and choice count towards being the change.
As a purpose led brand it’s part of who you are and what you stand for.
The brand focus word ‘Abundance’ is poetically made from two words:
- Abun (which means ‘cloud’ – in Kenyah language)
- Dance (to move in rhythm to music)
To me, this encourages looking at the bigger picture, being in the moment to really sit with your feelings, and moving forward with the rhythms of what’s akin and authentic to yourself.
It reminds me of the song lyrics sung by Lee Ann Womack “And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. I hope you dance…”
The courage to show up fully and compassionately, and to use each choice we make to be a force for good.